The holidays are just around the corner and if you are like me you are looking for ways to save some dough for all the extra holiday expenses. Here are some ideas to help you make some extra cash for the holidays.
1. Start investing. The website Robinhood lets you invest without the trading fees. It’s free to sign-up and you get a free stock just for signing up. When I registered I got a free Snapchat stock. It’s free, so why not try it out? Visit Robinhood here for more details.
2. Earn cash back on everyday shopping with the Ibotta app. This is my favorite app to use to get cash back on just about everything I purchase. You get cash back on groceries, clothes and probably the majority of the items you plan on buying this Christmas season. You can get cash or gift cards for your rewards. Since I signed up earlier this year I have made over $300. I’ve taken it as Amazon gift cards instead of the cash. This time of year they have many bonus coupons too. I got an extra $2 for making an online purchase this week while using the app. Sign up for Ibotta here.
3. Earn Points and get gift cards with Swagbucks. You can earn points towards gift cards with many everyday purchases. For example, right now they have 2% cash back when you make a purchase on Walmart.com or 10% cash back when you shop on Amazon.com. You can also earn points for taking quick surveys, which get you gift cards to buy your holiday essentials and gifts. Sign-up for Swagbucks here.
4. Save your change. I have a jar on my desk that I place all my change in. When the jar is filled I go to the grocery store to go to the Coinstar machine. The machines let you get cash back for a fee or you can get gift cards for free. To redeem most of the gift cards you need to have at least $5 worth of change. Some banks also have change counters that they provide free of charge. Visit the Coinstar website to find the one closest to you.
5. Sell Used Books – I regularly clean out my bookshelves and resell my books on Cash4Books. This site mostly buys textbooks, but there are some other adult non-fiction books I have sold on here before. You simply check the ISBNs on the back of the books on their website and they will tell you how much they will pay for each book. You check out, they provide you with a free shipping label and you get a check in 1-2 weeks. I have done this many times when I have cleaned out my books and made some good extra cash. Check and see if they are buying the books you want to sell here.
6. Sell used make-up. On Glambot you can sell your new and preowned makeup. I know I have bought plenty of items that I have tried and ended up not liking or have gotten make-up and beauty products as gifts I didn’t want. This site lets you sell those items. They have a few rules – like the items can’t be expired and at least 50% of the original product needs to still be there. Clean out your old make-up items and get ready for the new colors for 2019. Visit Glambot here for more information.
What other ideas do you have to save up money for the holiday season? Share your ideas in the comments!