Masonite released what it predicts to be 2019’s top six home design trends.
1. Live/Work – According to Masonite, in the U.S. over 3.4 million Americans work from home at least half of the time (myself included). This calls for transitional spaces to accommodate different functions. Products that have multi-use will be in for 2019. One example given is panel doors to cover up work areas.
2. Rustic Luxury – Instead of having many material possessions this new trend focuses on time, space and silence as a way for us to disconnect from our constantly busy lives. To restore balance in our home adding craftsmen elements like wood entry doors will be all the rage in 2019.
3. Nordic Noir – This Scandinavian mantra is less than more – and it is here to say. This look calls for muted colors like blue-grey or pale rose contrasted with dark metal and wood work.
4. Urban Country – This trend calls for accentuating the home’s original detailing with something like a Craftsman-style door that uses sidelines for natural lighting.
5. Pretty & Calm – The key features for this look include biophilic elements mixed pale-hued colors, luxurious touches and textured glass doors.
6. Mediterranean escape – International travel has increased in recent years and travelers want to bring their travel finds into their homes. Homeowners are adding wrought iron accents, lush green landscaping, warm colors and arched maple doorways.
Here are some examples of the looks Masonite shared with what will be popular in 2019. What do you think?